09 March 2012

Hey, remember that time?

Do you remember that time I could be myself around you?
Yeah, the days were few, but I was enjoying them.
I was enjoying being comfortable with me.
But, I did what I was scared to do and I might have done it in the stupidest way possible(Thanks for going with it Brenna), but I did it. That has to count for something.
I probably should have left the matter alone, but I just didn't want to.
So, my awkward days are not behind me.



I was dumping all my problems on one of my favorite teachers and he told me that Prom will not be the highlight of my life, and I agree. There are much more exciting things coming for me, and Prom would be made super uncomfortable if I went with someone who I can't even hold a decent conversation with.

So, my plans for tonight are to go to the Powder Puff game, cheer my butt off for the girls, and then to hit up Denny's afterward. I won't think about this wonderful experience again for a while. I could say maybe one day I'll be able to laugh at myself, but I already am.

And sometimes, I don't mind being awkward if it involves being bold and taking a risk.

I'm learning a lot about myself and the world. Can you tell?


When everything seems to fall apart, remember that leaves may fall before winter but that does not mean the trees are breaking inside, it is just a way to mold and hone them as they become ready for another season of their life.”



No comments:

Post a Comment