08 March 2012

Another lesson on growing up.

If you're feeling a little bit bummed, don't tell everyone about it.
Sometimes, people do this crazy thing called listen to you.
And sometimes, they want you to win the boy. Just this once.
Oh, and if you're going to discuss it with people, you should probably look around and make sure the area is rascal-free.
That's what I learned today.


I will get the guts to do this.
I read this quote today:
“Most of us won't see one another after graduation, and even if we do it will be different. We'll be different. We'll be adults--cured, tagged and labeled and paired and identified and placed neatly on our life path, perfectly round marbles set to roll down even, well-defined slopes.”
-Lauren Oliver

I didn't like it or the way it made me feel. I don't want things to be cut and dry like this.
I don't want to be cured, tagged, labeled, paired, identified, and placed neatly on my life path.
I guess this is one of those great opportunities that life presents;
To not only make a fool of myself, but to do something that scares me.

Here's to Senior Year.
If this blows up in my face, it'll all be behind me in 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment