12 November 2013

On Boy-Girl Friendships.

I guess maybe I should be worried that you're the first person that comes to mind when I get really excited or really sad.

And maybe I should be concerned that you make me laugh more than any one else does.

Or MAYBE I'm just being spoon fed the beliefs of those around me that I am not competent or capable enough to hang out with a man and not let my emotions get in the way.

I don't like him. That's the beauty of our friendship. Do I love him and totally want the best for him in every single way? 

Yes. 

Is he hands down, my favorite person to be around?

Absolutely. 

Do I feel like i can be 100% myself around him and not worry about being judged? 

For sure.
 
I get that I'm a sand castle. And that one day, I'll get left behind for some beautiful woman. 

But I'd like to have this God glorifying friendship with a guy who convinces me that good guys do exist, and that they actually think girls like me are cool. Or something.

And that's fine. I just can't hang out with him too much or laugh too loudly at his jokes. And while we're at it, I should probably avoid him altogether.

Christian community. It is not always easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment