04 November 2013

Higher. Deeper. Called.

The truth is, I'm only living a fraction of as radically as I want to.

So maybe it's okay that I'm only being supported with a fraction of what I think I need.

But that does instill some fear in me, both for the future and the fact that this is my heart.

This is my calling.

There is no other way.

There is no other answer.

If I don't pour my heart out for those starving children, those girls being sold into sex-trafficking, those women being beaten and bruised, I will not be content.

I will not be fulfilled.

I will not be happy.

I will not be where I need to be.

So take your white-picket fence, and your laundry machines, and your belief that if I don't fund raise a thousand a month, I won't make it.

It's not that I think I have something you don't.

It's just that, would you be doing this if you missed meals, for lack of money? Would you be doing this if it were uncomfortable, all the time? Would you be doing this if it put your life at risk?

Because I would. I am. I will.

And it's scary, because I'm giving up on my own dreams to pursue these God-given ones.

But You have called me higher, You have called me deeper, and I'll go where you will lead me, Lord.





No comments:

Post a Comment