14 May 2012

We're just late bloomers is all.

Guys don't throw themselves at me, and never really have.
For a while, I actually thought there was something wrong with me.
Now, I know that's not the case.
I won't settle.
That's not to say I won't give someone a chance, but I just won't attempt to force myself to have feelings for someone, and I won't lower my standards for a boy, even if I am attracted to him.
Last night, I was talking to one of my favorite people, and she told me she never even went on a date until her freshmen year in college, and after that guy, she didn't date anyone again until she was out of college. Now, she's met the love of her life, who is fighting pancreatic cancer. If you could send some prayers there way or healthy thoughts of healing, because they deserve everything this world has to offer, and more than anything, they deserve happiness and the chance to live a long life together.

She told me he was worth the wait.


When I told her about my recent moving on, she said she was glad, because he didn't deserve my attention or my affection, and I honestly agree.


So, here's to finally knowing and believing that someday a guy will come along, and I'll get all the things I've dreamed about since I was a little girl, first learning about falling in love.

For now, I'm enjoying the single life.

No comments:

Post a Comment