08 May 2012

Perception.

The word didn't feel right for what I was trying to say.

I've been dwelling on my flaws a lot and the way other people see and the way I see myself, but I realized something today.

Those two things are not the same:
The way other people see me vs. the way I see myself.

I mean, I look in the mirror and I really struggle with every little thing I find wrong with me.
But other people don't look at me and do that.
People have shown me a lot of love this week, and told me I'm beautiful numerous times, and in the past, I took that as their pity, and didn't believe them(which is ridiculous)

I guess this is just one of my own personal devils that I'm fighting.

One thing I figured out today:

I'm happy with the person I am, the friends I keep, the way I love, and all the quirks that make me, me.

I just have to learn to let go of the things I can't control and accept myself for who I am.
Some people are going to think I'm beautiful and some people aren't.

Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.

No comments:

Post a Comment