22 April 2012

Crazy Christians

I guess I doubt my faith the most when I feel like I have to conform to meet the societal expectations of a Christian.
Truth be told, society generally thinks Christians are douchebags.
And I don't want to go into other countries and tell people that their religion is wrong.
I do believe I could search the world and nothing could fill me up like Jesus, but I think people need to see that for themselves. Not just be told.
Christians need to show God's love through their actions, and that doesn't include shoving Jesus down their throat. We're supposed to be set apart, but all too often, the perception of
that turns into condemnation and self-righteousness.
Don't get me wrong. We follow a guy named Jesus who set an incredible example for how we should live our lives, but if you want other people to get to know him, we need to represent him with a little more love and a little less judgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment