31 December 2011

The Best, The Worst, The New.

Best Memories of 2011:
1) I rang in the New Year in Seattle. That was a great start.
2) I got the incredible opportunity to travel around Ireland with my grandma, my aunt & my uncle. I learned a lot about myself and the world those 8 days I was away from home. I also realized how attractive men with accents combined with beards wearing v-necks and skinny jeans while playing a guitar are.
3) Some cute guy played a song about me while eating stale cheeze-its in a gazebo by the sea. I'll never forget that one.
4) I got the position of ASB President. Not exactly in the way I wanted to, but I still got it. And, I now call the two people I was running against two great friends. I wasn't sure back then if I'd ever be able to do that.
5) AP Tests. I got through them. 'Nuff said.
6) I went to Girls State, which isn't something I'll remember forever, but it's something I remember doing so it made the list.
7) I finished junior year with 5 A's & a B. I was happy.
8) Leadership Camp was one of the best experiences of my life. The people I met were honestly the most incredible people ever. I think that if we needed each other right at this moment, we would all drive to be together somehow. I could write a whole blog about that one week.
9) GEORGIA! Spending 11 days down there with my family made my whole summer.
10) I saved so many lives while working at Wild Waves. Not everyone can say they've done that in their lifetime.
11) Senior Year has been the best of my life. I've learned so much. That could also be it's own blog. Most of all, I've learned the importance of loving everyone. Learn their stories. Judgement is not your job.
12) Patriot Crew Camp. 44 people I love; helping me over 14 ft walls, falling into their arms off logs.
13) I mean to have 12, but I have a few more. Winter Wishes was incredible. Stress and all, I wouldn't change a thing. 471 wishes granted. That wouldn't have happened without the stress.
14) Realizing the value of family and friends. It isn't news to anyone that this year was difficult. But, thankfully, with the help of great friends, I got through it. Thanks guys, especially Maddi & Erika. Your constant texts and letters of encouragement reminded me that someone cared, and it reminded me to not give up.


And for the worst:
It wasn't an easy year. But as I bring in this new one with an adorable little brother, and a wonderful loving mother, I remember just how grateful I am for the love I have been given, and the friends I have.

As for the new:
The best year of my life is before me and I know it. This is the BIG year where I graduate, and if I was traditional, go to college. But God knows I'm not traditional, and a different desire has been placed in my heart. I'm not sure what summer will bring, but I know what I'll be doing come September. Hawaii, here I come.

2 comments:

  1. WOOOHOOOO HAWAII! you go girl, chase your dreams, follow your heart, & fall in love with Gods great plan for your life. i am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)

    what's in Hawaii?:) It sounds exciting, and it also sounds like you learned a lot this year. we need to get some sour patch kids and hang out. :)

    ReplyDelete