30 November 2011

Weak and Brittle Bones.

I'm grateful today, and I think so too many of my blog posts have been sad, depressing, and occasionally morbid. So, I feel it's only right that you hear the good things going on in my chaotic, stressful, blessed life.
Here you have it! A list, more or less.
1. I felt really alone today. Then, a special teacher, who is slowly moving up on my favorite teacher list(yeah, I have one. In my head) came up to me and scolded me for my cross country fine. He didn't want anything from me, and he wasn't asking me to do something for him. The ironic thing is he did want me to pay my fine, so both those statements are now proven false. But, something in the way he said it made it seem less bossy and more caring. I love the teachers at WHS. From my amazing mentor who buys me teriyaki when I'm broke, gives me snacks throughout the day, and has basically taken on the role of my second mom. Goodness, I love this woman. From Stanczyk who tells me what I don't want to hear, makes me cry, and then lets me doodle on his board to let out my emotions. I love him too. From Fineman who treats me like an adult, but also taught me how to release my inner child and how to hold onto it forever in small ways. She also taught me how to act and gave me a great many lessons on confidence. I love this red-head. From Booth, who gets on to me for fines, and takes an interest in every aspect of my life. I cried, no bawled, and dry-heaved in front of him about a month ago, and as awkward as he felt, he sucked it up and asked me how he could help. He told me men don't deal with crying women very well. I love this bald guy. From Culp who was my constant encouragement. The voice that told me not to give. The voice I would have liked to stop at some points. I love this coach. From Fergie whom I vent to about boys, and cry to about family, and everything in-between. I love this lady. To Olson, who is constantly riding me about missing assignments and my F in her class. It might sound crazy, but I love the woman despite her animal sound affects, and awful pet names intended for offense. Without her constant nagging, I would have given up. But, she didn't let me. That's why Washington High School is more than the greatest high school in the world; it's home. Words can't express the sacrifices these people have made for their students. It's not just a job they go to 5 days a week to pay the bills. For most of them, the job doesn't stop when the school bell tolls, or when the first days of summer vacation begins, or even when they step off the WHS Campus. This blog was meant to look a little differently, but when you get me going about the greatness of Washington High School's teachers, I can't stop. I just really love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment