17 November 2011

Dedication.

Remember that one party where we watched Yes, Man in my front yard?
Well, I'm the girl form of Jim Carey and lack the ability to say no.
I realized it today, and I documented the next 3 times I said yes, when I really wanted to say no.
Can I copy your paper?
Yes.
Can you work on this after school(even thouhg I'm aware of your busy life)?
Yes.
Can you drop everything you're doing, miss all your classes, and do what I want you to do?
NO!
I don't like being stretched thin and I hate being used.
So, when my favorite teacher in the whole world asked me what I want to do when I grow up, the first thing that came to my mind was theatre.
I love theatre.
I think it loves me too.
For reasons you'd never understand.
This favorite red-headed teacher of mine smiled and asked if she could give me a piece of advice.
I assured her that her guidance was much appreciated.
She told me to go for a teaching degree in theatre, because I can use that in a lot of places, unlike a performance degree.
It's not set in stone, and I'm still not sure where I'll be in a few years, but I know this.
When I fill out my college applications and put all my extracurriculars, the only box I check yes for wanting to be involved with in college is theatre. That's speaks.
Someone hold me to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment