27 December 2010

longest 4 years of my life.

"It's only four years long.
Then it's gone.
and the Queen of the nerds and the King of the prom
get a job.
Look at them now.
She's living her dream, while he sleeps with his crown.
Be cool, Be hard, Be real.
Be happy while you're here.
It's just four years."

For a few months now, I've struggled with whether to do running start next year or complete my last year of high school at WHS.  I sincerely love my school, but I loathe it sometimes too.  The first time someone tried to convince me to do running start, I said no.
I felt like I was making a difference at Washington.  I was helping lead the Bible Club at school and it was successful.  I was a varsity Cross Country Runner.  I loved my teachers.  Drama was my heart & soul and people knew me.  I definitely wasn't the most popular, but I didn't get stepped on either.
This year, everything is different.
I feel like I have a a rock hanging over my head and as soon as those semester grades come out, it will fall and I'll be crushed.  Never to be pulled out again.
I'm not doing the things I love because I feel as if I don't have time.
Everyone is expecting so much from me, that I just can't live up to all of it.
I didn't get that coveted Captain position of the XC team.  A freshmen did.
I have 5 years of college ahead of me.
If I do nursing, goodbye life and hello stress.
These are a few reasons Pierce looks so enticing.
A year of college done.  3 classes instead of 6. 
Possibly less people talking behind my back?
A best friend I won't miss everyday because he'll be getting an english degree.
New teachers, reunited with many friends, and no AP tests.
It does seem kind of perfect, but it's my senior year!  The year I get to apply to all these colleges and jump around when I get in.
I want to savor it.
I want to start college living in some dorm as a freshman.
I want to be a senior on my high school campus.
I want to be cast as the lead role in the school play(again.  tehehe)
I want to give a speech at graduation. 
I want to go to assemblies and do everything high school has to offer in my last year.
Each side has its benefits and at the end of the day, it's not my decision to make.
Well, it is, but I reject free will.
If God didn't want me to doing running start last year, when almost all my friends were, I cannot oblige if he doesn't want it this year either.
Like Jon Mclaughlin says:
It's only four years long.



No comments:

Post a Comment