24 December 2010

Forward Motion.

My future terrifies me, because it's not mine to make.
I guess free will means I could do whatever I want.
But, I choose God's will.
I choose His Way, because it's a billion times better than mine.
I think about majoring in elementary education and teaching at a school in Washington,
and I feel safe; almost like nothing can harm me.
Then I think about what my life would be and I see discontentment.
I see myself doing what I want to do.  What doesn't push me to the edge.
It's not what He wants.
What He wants sounds incredible, but it's sacrifice.
Sacrifice isn't easy.
I worry that I won't have a future husband that will want the same thing.
I worry that my kids will hate me, because they can't be like normal American kids.
I worry that my family will not support me.
I worry that I'll get killed for my belief in God.
I worry I won't suffice.
I worry I won't be strong enough.
Every day, I'm trying to cast my worries on God.
Only He can carry my burdens.

No comments:

Post a Comment