12 September 2011

The a is for and.

I don't know why it offends me so much.
No one's drawn my attention to it in quite a while, and so maybe that's where the anger rose up from; surprise.
"Marriage, Marriage, Marriage.
Casey loves marriage."
So while I drove from old to new and unloaded boxes, I thought about why I seem to get so frustrated when people get on to me for being marriage-minded.
For the record, this is baring my heart in a rather scary way.
....
I desperately want to feel wanted.
I want to have the feeling that the person across from me is the only one I want to spend the rest of my life.
I don't want a hookup in a car in Sprinker's parking lot or a boy to hold my hand for a week only to give up on my indecisive freshmen self.
I want someone to love me; to wait for me; to be there for me; to change the world alongside me.
I don't want a stupid relationship that consists of hooking up and being with someone simply for the sake of not being alone.
I want love songs to relate to my life.
I want to be in love.
There, I said it.
I realize Hollywood has glammed it up more then it actually is, but maybe I'm just one of those hopeless people who will always believe love is the greatest, and most wonderful in its purest form.
Maybe I'm just crazy.
Either way, I will continue to dream about the man I'll one day wake up next to with a cheesy grin on my face.
Then, we'll go out and change the world.
So you can run and tell that.

No comments:

Post a Comment