20 January 2013

This is what you do.

This is how it goes.
You grow up, and if you're a little bit courageous, you leave home, and the familiar.


I had a solid high scool experience. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

But it's time to accept that at some point in life, you're supposed to leave that life behind and pursue bigger things. 
Like right now, I'm legitimately living my dream in Hawaii.
-I'm working with kids and broken people on a daily basis. 
-I live within 30 minutes of one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. 
-Lives have been and are being changed here in Wahiawa, and the biggest thing I've ever done in my life is be a part of that. 
-And I'm surrounded by passionate people who are dedicated to the people of this city.
And I think that's the prime example of being faithful where you are. 


Also, one of my favorite things about Surfing the Nations is that they are a humanitarian organization, and they don't try to make any of their outreaches religious, but they also believe the best example of a selfless leader is Jesus, and they hope to inspire their leaders with the exaple Jesus set, and that's something I can really get behind. 
So, I'm excited about that as well. It's hard to have issues with trying to be more like Jesus.
He was rad.

I do miss high school, and I know the WHS theatre department put on an awesome play.
And it breaks my heart a little, for one that I couldn't be there, and for two, that it's no longer part of my everyday life.

But I guess that's growing up too. 
Acting will always be my first love. But I think I'll try surfing for a while.






No comments:

Post a Comment