06 July 2012

Not Ready.

I was thinking about marriage tonight, and about how everybody gets married at some point and like half those people end up getting divorced or being stuck in a marrage with someone they can't stand to be around.

People my age are so obsessed with wanting to be in love that they force themselves to feel things for people they really don't feel anything for. Even I'm guilty of that.

And I guess as times goes on, you get comfortable with that person, and then the idea of starting the dating game again seems daunting.... or exhausting.. or just not worth the trouble.

What I'm trying to say is maybe being single isn't such a bad thing.

I'm preparing to move across the country, and then I'm (hopefully) headed to Hawaii.

Both of those things would suck to do tied down, even if it was with someone I truly could imagine spending the rest of my life with.

And because I haven't been blogging much lately, you're probably unaware of my changing opinions on marriage and all that jazz.
I just... am content waiting. For marriage, maybe. But for someone to just be a step above the rest.

For someone to compare to the cream of the crop of guys.

For someone to listen as much as they talk, and to go out of their way to do nice things for people.

Maybe I'll get married someday, and if I do, I hope to be part of the dwindling number of people who marry someone and still laugh at things together after 5, 10, 50 years of marriage. 

For now though, I'm in a pretty good place and preparing for the time of my life. As a single lady.

Now put your hand up!

No comments:

Post a Comment