05 July 2011

On anxiety.

It hits me out of no where, and before I know it, tears are falling.
I hate it.
Tonight, after a long, drawn-out argument with my mom, the tears brimmed over and an end seemed out of sight.
I just couldn't get them to stop.
I couldn't hold up my wall, or my frustration, or my silent treatment, so I let my walls crash down.
I put my head on my kitchen table and cried.
My mommy started to rub my leg, as I rambled on about how everything I know is changing and I have no idea where I want to be in one year or five.
What the heck am I supposed to do with my life?
Where is the perfect college?
What if I do nothing?
Will anyone ever love me like I want to be loved?
Hoping to stop the rambling and tears, my mom told me the story of how she became a nurse.
She originally wanted to be an accountant. Then she saw a commercial one day and changed her mind. I was just a baby.
Then, something weird happened.
My step-dad told me it would all be okay.
I could and probably will change my mind  many times and this world has so much to offer me that it'll be okay.
His reassurance helped, and i could see the light at the end of the tunnel and the feeling of hopelessness passing.
It's nice being loved and having people that believe in you.

Accomplished, Beautiful, Achieving.

No comments:

Post a Comment