06 July 2014

Recovering Still.

You should know that when a stranger looks at you, they probably think you're quite lovely. 


They probably don't think you could stand to lose 10 pounds, or that your face would look better if your nose was straighter, or your hair was longer, or your lips were plumper. 

They probably don't notice those things. They probably notice the way your face lights up when you laugh, or how your nose crinkles when you smile, or how your hair shines in the sun.

We're way more critical of ourselves than anyone else is of is. And lately, my biggest goal has been to speak kindly to myself. 

Because I'm ready to believe the truth, and not the lies I've trained myself to think all the time. 

"You are altogether beautiful, my darling; There is no flaw in you."
-Song of Solomon 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment