13 June 2012

People don't always keep their promises.

Last night, my mom, my aunt, my cousin and I sat around and talked about how great it's going to be when we get to Georgia.

This is what I've always wanted.

Now, I'm not so sure.

A few years ago, I blogged about how the two halves of my heart are 3,000 miles apart from each other, but that wasn't true.

If you think family wise, then yes, it's pretty evenly split.
But when you add in all the people I've come to love and that I call family, there's no doubt, 3/4's of my heart is in Washington.

When I couldn't sleep last night, I looked through all the old pictures on my phone that date back to 7th grade.

Then, I had this thought.

I don't want new friends. I have the best I could ask for.

That's never been my attitude about anything. The more, the merrier, ya know?

I am terrified to lose the people I love.

I know I'm going to leave, and eventually my friends are going to get married, and possibly have children, and get jobs and all that jazz, and I want to know about these things. I want to be there for all the people that mean something to me during these landmark events in their lives, but that's just not possible, and that makes me cry.

I guess a small part of me is also scared to be forgotten about.



Miley Cyrus was wrong. You can't get the best of both worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment